An Experienced Debt & Bankruptcy Lawyer In Langley Park, Maryland
For about three decades now, Jill Kindlund, Esq. has used her expertise in debt and bankruptcy law to assist clients who have accumulated more debt than they can manage, helping them make a new and fresh financial start in life. The legal professionals at Kindlund Legal LLC make a point to treat each client with dignity, respect, and kindness, during what can be a scary and stressful time in life. Kindlund Legal LLC is available to meet with clients all over the state of Maryland through modern technology. If you live in Langley Park, Maryland and need advice from an experienced Debt Relief Attorney, call (240) 539-9393 for a free consultation.
Should I Hire A Debt Consolidation Lawyer?
If you have found yourself buried in a mountain of debt that seems absolutely unmanageable, it might be time to find out if Debt Negotiation Lawyers might be able to help you and take some of that stress off your shoulders. One benefit to working with an Experienced Bankruptcy Lawyer is that they can speak with creditors on your behalf and possibly get you some relief from huge debt. While you can attempt to negotiate with creditors on your own, Debt Negotiation Lawyers will be aware of any legal risks involved. Working with a Debt Relief Attorney can also save you a lot of time and frustration. The following might be signs that it is time to speak with an attorney.
- You have a large amount of debt that has become unmanageable and possibly continues to grow.
- Your creditors have threatened to garnish your wages. If your debts go unpaid for too long, some creditors might request to take payments directly from your salary.
- You are being sued by one or more creditors. Creditors who are owed money do have the right to file a lawsuit so that they can recover what they are owed.
- You are considering filing for bankruptcy. Sometimes, we might not be able to see any other way out of debt. A Debt Relief Lawyer can weigh your options and guide you onto the right path for your financial situation.
If you are experiencing any of the above problems, it is worth your time and money to consult with an expert Credit Card Debt Relief Lawyer. A Debt Relief Attorney at Kindlund Legal LLC will answer your questions and help you make the best decisions for your situation. If you live in or near Langley Park, Maryland, call (240) 539-9393 for a free consultation.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Debt Settlement?
There are a number of options when it comes to negotiating with your creditors to find some relief from a large amount of debt. One of those options is to try to negotiate with your creditors on your own. Another way is to pay a debt settlement company to negotiate with your creditors for you. Although this sounds like a great idea, it can come with some costs that you might not be prepared to pay.
Some pros of debt settlement are:
- You might be able to settle for less money than you owe. Creditors might even waive fees and interest payments.
- Your debt is paid off earlier than originally planned. It will not take years to pay off the debt.
- Collection agencies stop calling. Once you have satisfied your creditor’s need for payment, the collection agency calls should stop.
- You could avoid bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is usually a last resort.
Some cons of debt settlement are:
- Your creditors might be unwilling to negotiate with you. There is no requirement that creditors must negotiate with you.
- The settlement might come with fees. Debt settlement companies often charge between 20-25% of the final settlement amount.
- Your credit report might take a hit. Only paying a portion of your debt might negatively impact your credit.
- You could be taxed on the debt that is written off. The difference between what you owed your creditor and what you actually paid in negotiation is often taxed as income.
Before you make any decisions, it is best to familiarize yourself with all the options you have based on your financial situation. An experienced Debt & Bankruptcy Lawyer from Kindlund Legal LLC can help you avoid negative impacts as much as possible, while finding your way to good financial health. If you live in or near Langley Park, Maryland, call (240) 539-9393 for a free consultation.
Call Now For A Complimentary Case Evaluation
Former Chapter 7 Trustee