These days, debt is a fact of life for many Americans. Whether it’s student debt, medical debt, tax debt, mortgage debt, personal loan debt, credit card debt, or any other type of debt, the average person in this country is statistically likely to have debt of some kind.
Of course, not all debt is created equal. Sometimes, debt is manageable and simply comes down to a bill that you pay every month. However, debt can quickly become unmanageable, even if you do everything in your power to keep a handle on it. This is due in part to the fact that many people have little-to-no wiggle room for unforeseen expenses or loss of income. Countless Americans are forced to live paycheck-to-paycheck, meaning that even seemingly small or temporary changes in circumstance (such as an unforeseen expense or dip in income) can put many individuals and families in the red. In many cases, it only takes a few missed payments for debt to start snowballing out of control.
Being in debt is often incredibly stressful. As if the burden of the debt hanging over your head and the impact on your credit were not enough, people dealing with debt also have to deal with harassment from collections agents. Even worse, debt grows when left unpaid: with late fees and interest and other penalties, the goalposts for repayment keep getting set farther and farther back. Trying to catch up to multiplying debt can feel like trying to play an impossible game that you’re set up to lose. It easy to see why some people facing that sort of debt become overwhelmed and lose hope.
However, in many cases, there is hope, and the right debt relief or bankruptcy attorney can help you find it.
What can a debt relief attorney do for me?
- Case Evaluation and Explanation: A debt relief attorney can evaluate your case and present all of your options in terms that you can understand. They will walk you through the pros and cons of each option and help you make an informed decision on how to move forward.
- Handling Creditors: If you are being hounded and harassed by creditors, a debt relief attorney can help dial back or put a stop to their collection attempts. Once creditors know you have an attorney on your side, they are less likely to try to push you around. In addition, debt relief attorneys have extensive experience dealing with creditors and collections agencies, and can call out illegal or improper creditor and/or collections behavior.
- Debt Consolidation and Negotiation: Negotiation is one of the specialties of debt relief attorneys. They approach debt consolidation with highly effective negotiation tactics, giving you the best chance at the best deal possible. They can also work with you to figure out a sustainable payment scheme for the remainder of your debt, which will set you up for success moving forward.
- Paperwork and Program Applications: Debt relief attorneys are well-versed in debt assistance, debt consolidation, and debt relief programs on both a state and federal level. They can help you find programs that might work for you, and ensure that any necessary paperwork is properly completed and promptly submitted.
- Litigation: If your debt brings you to court, a debt relief attorney can represent you there, serving as you advocate and making the best case possible on your behalf. They can also help you avoid having to go to court by proposing alternatives to litigation, such as mediation.
Are you looking for a debt relief attorney in Mitchellville, Prince George’s County, MD? Attorney Jillian Kindlund is ready to help. Attorney Kindlund is a highly qualified, knowledgeable, and skillful debt relief attorney who has devoted her life to helping people achieve greater financial security and freedom. She has practiced bankruptcy and debt relief law in Maryland and the District of Columbia for 27 years, which is a level of experience that gives her clients a pointed advantage. She believes that her clients deserve adept, informed counsel, and makes sure to stay up to date on all bankruptcy and debt relief law by pursuing continuing legal education. In addition, Attorney Kindlund’s own hardships—including surviving breast cancer—give her a unique first-hand understanding of how devastating and destabilizing sudden emergency costs can be.
What can Attorney Jillian Kindlund do for me?
Attorney Kindlund has a number of areas of expertise and services she can offer her clients, including:
- Debt Settlement and Consolidation
- Creditor Abatement Actions
- Mortgage Modification
- Foreclosure Defense
- Other Debt Relief Actions
Your debt does not define you, and never should. On the contrary, you deserve freedom from debt and a financial fresh start. Let the premiere Mitchellville, MD debt relief lawyer, Attorney Jillian Kindlund, help you get there. Call (240) 539-9393 for a free, no-obligation consultation on your case today.